Showing 452 results

People and organizations
Corporate body

Red Cross

  • 1016
  • Corporate body

Rotary Club

  • 2044
  • Corporate body
  • 1913-present

The Rotary Club of Victoria is a service organization that was founded in 1913 and chartered in 1914 as the 90th club of Rotary International. The primary objective of the Rotary is captured in the motto “service above self.” Rotary members seek to realize this objective in their communities, workplaces, and throughout the world. Club members meet weekly and membership consists of individuals from a variety of business and professional backgrounds.

Service Clubs Council of Victoria, B.C.

  • 10383
  • Corporate body

The Service Clubs Council of Victoria, B.C., was founded in 1930 for the purpose of bringing together local service organizations in the City to discuss and take action on subjects of common interest. Founding members of the Council included representatives from the Rotary, Kiwanis, Gyro, and Kumtuks (later Business and Professional Women’s) clubs. The Council was active in sponsoring debates and musical and theatrical performances, organizing social events, and fundraising for various causes.

Shriners

  • 2024
  • Corporate body

Siddall Dennis Warner Architects

  • 8354
  • Corporate body
  • 1970-1985

Siddall Dennis Warner Architects was an architectural firm active in the Victoria region around 1970 to 1985.

Simpson

  • 10420
  • Corporate body

Soule and Day (Firm)

  • 10804
  • Corporate body
  • 1891-1892

Soule and Day was the partnership of architects Cornelius J. Soule and Robert Scott Day.

Spencer's Stores Ltd.

  • 2850
  • Corporate body

Spencer's Stores had several branches in Victoria, with the main store located at 1110 Government Street.

St. John the Divine Anglican Church (Victoria, B.C.)

  • 1638
  • Corporate body
  • 1860-present

The first building of St. John the Divine Anglican Church stood at the corner of Douglas and Fisgard Streets. Built in 1860, it was called the Iron Church for its corrugated iron siding. The Iron Church was in use until 1912, when it was replaced by a larger brick and stone structure on the corner of Quadra and Mason Streets.

Steckel

  • 10422
  • Corporate body

Stewart Monumental Works

  • 10379
  • Corporate body

Stewart Monumental Works is a Victoria manufacturer of headstones and grave markers.

T. Eaton Co

  • 2247
  • Corporate body

The T. Eaton Company Ltd. opened its first Victoria store in 1948 when it purchased the David Spencer chain of stores. The downtown store had previously been run by David Spencer Ltd.

Times-Colonist

  • 3136
  • Corporate body

Victoria's Times-Colonist newspaper was established in 1980 when the Daily Colonist and the Victoria Times merged.

Results 151 to 200 of 452