Intersection of Blanshard and Fort in lower left foreground. Next intersection is Broughton and Blanshard. St. Ann's Academy visible at the end of Blanshard Street and Church of Our Lord is left centre of the photo.
The closest long, thin building in the foreground is a cattle shed, next to it the Theatre Comique and next to that the Mechanics Institute. Across from these buildings on Fort Street is a livery stable and next to that on the west side is the Marrott Exchange Hotel. In the right background is St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church on Douglas Street. Next to that on the south side is the Union Club of Prince Robert House. Across Courtney Street from the Union Club is the Indian Agency Office, 1892.