Collection PR-0181 - Parfitt family collection

Bay Street Armouries from the rear.  Field Street Christ Church Cathedral interior Quadra Street from St. John's Church, looking north Looking north west from the top of St. John's Church Christ Church Cathedral, interior St. John's Church, 1611 Quadra Street Christ Church Cathedral Memorial Hall Christ Church Cathedral cornerstone. Fred and Albert Parfitt National Motors Company Ltd., 819 Yates Street Christ Church Cathedral under construction Christ Church Cathedral under construction Victoria Cold Storage, Ogden Point Docks Christ Church Cathedral, interior Worsted Wool Factory, Montreal Street and Dallas Road Begg Motor Company Ltd. S.W. corner of Yates Street and Quadra Street Motor House Quadra Primary School, 2549 Quadra Street Oaklands Elementary School, Belmont Avenue Louis Nelson's garage and Imperial Oil gas station Turgeson Bros. gas station, 2702 Government Street Fairfield United Church, 1305 Fairfield Road Parfitt Bros. Construction Company office James Bay Inn, 270 Government Street Construction of the Bay Street Armouries Construction of the Bay Street Armouries Construction of the Bay Street Armouries Bay Street Armouries just after construction Royal Jubilee Hospital, east wing Ancient Order of Foresters Hall (AOF), 750 Cormorant Street Plimley's Used Cars British Columbia Hydro sub-station at 678 Bay Street Rennie & Taylor bakery Royal Jubilee Hospital, nurses' home

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Parfitt family collection

Record type

  • Photographs
  • Textual records

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Collection

Reference code

PR-0181

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • [ca. 1910]-1989 (Creation)
    Creator
    Parfitt, James (family)

Physical description area

Physical description

75 photographs and 0.01 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Parfitt Brothers was a Victoria construction firm established in 1907 by James, Aaron, Fred, Mark and Albert Parfitt.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Collection consists of photographs depicting the Parfitt family and buildings that Parfitt Brothers built.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Alternative identifier

189

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Records are provided for personal research and enjoyment. All other uses require permission.

Order a copy

250.361.0375

archives@victoria.ca